My mother in law has the most amazing alfredo sauce recipe. We had a pasta bar for new years and this was such a fun idea. I made a simple spaghetti sauce with ground beef and this alfredo, 3 different pastas and grilled chicken. Complete with caeser salad and breadsticks. Try this out and let me know how you liked it!
2 1/2 cups low fat milk
4 ounces low fat cream cheese
3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon butter
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
8 ounces fettuccine pasta
fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place milk, cream cheese, flour and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add milk mixture to the pan and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until it begins to simmer.
- Continue stirring over heat for a few minutes until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Add cheese and cooked chicken and toss together.
- Pour over prepared pasta and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
She found this recipe here
**Sorry no picture! We must have eaten too fast!