Mexican Street Corn Salad
I love mexican food and I love the Street corn flavor, the cilantro and all the flavors makes my mouth water! I have an amazing mexican street corn salsa that is my absolute favorite! Its so yummy! I was given the assignment on sunday at Brandens parents of bringing a green salad and I knew we were having enchiladas. To me a regular green salad just didn't seem to go! I found this recipe here. -I tweaked it a little and I loved the addition I made
Ingredients:4 handfuls fresh baby arugula (one per serving) 4 ears corn on the cobs** 1/2 can black beans 1/2 cup Mexican Crema (substitute thinned down sour cream or creme fraiche) several fresh limes 4 oz cotija cheese handful of fresh cilantro chile powder or smoked paprika for garnish
- Roast the ears of corn over a hot grill, or on the stove top. You can remove the husks, or keep them on, it doesn't matter. Roast them over high heat for about 15 minutes or so, turning every once in a while, until they start to steam and char. Put them aside to cool, just enough to handle.
- Mix the Mexican cream with the juice of 2 limes. Stir well and taste. If you like, you can add more lime juice for more of a citrus kick. If the mixture is too thick to drizzle, add a touch of water.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, remove the husks, if necessary, and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife.
- Arrange the arugula in a wide shallow salad bowl. Scatter the warm corn and black beans over the top of greens, then crumble the cheese over the corn. Scatter the cilantro over all, and then drizzle with the crema dressing. Garnish with a sprinkle of chile powder, and serve with wedges of lime.
- Enjoy immediately because the warm corn will eventually wilt the arugula. If you want to make this slightly more ahead of time, chill the corn before adding it to the salad.