Ooookay, so you all know I am a lover of Mexican street corn! Well this time I have outdone myself. 😂 This recipe is incredible! I have wanted to try this recipe for so long and I’m so glad I finally did! It turned out way better than I had expected. I added a few things to this to make it my own. 🙂
This recipe was fairly easy. Filming recipes always make them take longer so I am a bad judge to say how long it ACTUALLY takes. I love the flavor it brings with the lime and the cilantro, ah it’s a favorite of mine! In fact I may just go have a bowl right now!
For the salad:
- 2 cups farfalle (regular or miniature) pasta uncooked
- 3 cups corn
- 1 large avocado
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 6-8 strips hardwood smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese (or queso fresco or feta — add cheese to preference, we like 1/2 cup)
- 1 can black beans
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup full fat regular mayo, no substitutes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cholula
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Make sure the pasta is completely dry.
Corn Option 1: use pre-roasted canned corn — drain and allow to dry. Corn option 2: use regular canned corn. Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until very hot. Drain corn and place in a single layer and cook for about 2-3 minutes stirring once in between or until browned. Avoid stirring too often as this will keep the corn from getting a good roast.
Meanwhile prep the veggies: chop the avocado into small pieces, chop the green onions, coarsely chop the cilantro, very finely chop the jalapeno, and cook then crumble the bacon. Crumble the cheese. Add black beans.
- In a large bowl combine the completely dry and cooled pasta, cooled corn, avocado, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, bacon, and cheese. **If you don’t plan on eating this in one sitting and immediately after making, don’t add the bacon, cheese, or avocado. Add those in separately right before enjoying.**
In a small bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together until completely combined.
Mix with the salad and enjoy!
If you like this flavor you will love these other recipes…