I remember having these as a kid but one thing I don’t remember is having them be THIS good! I was so shocked when I tried these this time. Like I was wondering how I had gone so long without making these myself. I’ve tried several recipes from other people making them but I think there is a certain level of love that comes from making something yourself. They are truly, magically, delicious!!! If you’ve never tried these, do yourself a favor and make them today!
The whole reason I made these bad boys was because I signed up to bring them to the school. I could have very well have bought them but I decided I wanted to try a new recipe I never had. That’s when I met this peanut butter bar! I always enjoy making new recipes so it was fun to try something new! Trust me though, my waist line is not grateful for this! Here is the recipe below!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and 1 cup peanut butter. Stir all together.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray, and spread dough out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven drop spoonfuls of the remaining peanut butter on top of the bars and spread when it begins to melt.
- Let cool until peanut butter has set up. (The peanut butter will not be glossy anymore, you can also put them in the fridge for a minute to help this).
- While cooling, mix the frosting ingredients together and spread on top of bars.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
To see the full video of me making them watch this video! 👇