The recipe you’ve all been waiting for!!!
They are really Oreo Truffles- true cake pops are made from a cake and frosting. These just look like cake pops so thats why we have always called them that!
They are THE FAVORITE dessert at every party I throw, that is why for the boys party I didn’t do a cake. Everyone just wanted these! Win!
1 15 oz package of white or regular Oreos
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 package melting chocolate chips
- Finely crush oreos. I do this with my food processor(if you don’t have one use a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin)
- Pour crushed oreos into a bowl and add cream cheese, mix until completely combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Shape the oreo mixture into small balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Inset the stick(I’m a little OCD about this but make sure the sticks are straight, how they harden is how they will be)
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Melt the chips according to package directions usually stirring every 30 seconds if using a microwave.
- Take the oreo pops from the fridge to the chocolate, dip, wait for them to harden and stick in a piece of styrofoam. after completely hardened place back in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note* These can also be made without sticks!
These are so fun and you can make them in several different colors and varieties!