The recipe you’ve all been waiting for!!!
They are really Oreo Truffles. True cake pops are made from a cake and frosting. These just look like cake pops so thats why we have always called them that!
They are THE FAVORITE dessert at every party I throw, that is why for the boy’s party I didn’t do a cake. Everyone just wanted these! Win!
1 15 oz. package of white or regular Oreos
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 package melting chocolate chips
- Finely crush Oreos. I do this with my food processor (if you don’t have one use a Ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- Pour crushed Oreos into a bowl and add cream cheese, mix until completely combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Shape the Oreo mixture into small balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Inset the stick (I’m a little OCD about this but make sure the sticks are straight, how they harden is how they will be).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Melt the chips according to package directions usually stirring every 30 seconds if using a microwave.
- Take the Oreo pops from the fridge to the chocolate, dip, wait for them to harden and stick in a piece of styrofoam. After they are completely hardened, place back in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: these can also be made without sticks!
These are so fun and you can make them in several different colors and varieties!
For the chocolate chips – is it just chocolate chips that you use for cookies or is it something different? How do you make them different colors? Where do you buy them at? Where do you get the styrofoam?
I know Michaels sells the melting chips with all different flavors.
She used a bag of Wilton Melting Wafers. They come in all different colors & flavors. You just use a piece of styrofoam. Both can be found at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby etc.
I made some of these for my birthday this year and they were incredible! ❤️
I am making this for my son’s 1st birthday !!!
This was soooo good had it at my graduation party!!
These look so good! I’m gonna have to try them😍
My husband to be is craving these so bad mindy you are an asking cook, mother and wife you are an inspration 😍😍😍😍😍
I made these but the chocolate didn’t harden as nicely as yours! Love them and keep the recipes coming!!
Looking forward to trying this recipe! Love your family!
I cannot wait to try this!!! I’m having a family dinner next weekend and I’m definitely making these!!
Love doing these with the mint oreos…so yummy!
I am Trying this for my baby 2 birthday
I just love how Mindy can get so creative for birthdays!!!
Definitely going to try these for the next party, thanks
Made these for my daughters 1st birthday! They were delicious but not nearly as pretty as yours😂
I think my pregnant self needs to make these and not share 😍
Thank you for this!! I’ve used it for a baby shower and both my daughters birthday parties and they are always a favorite!! ❤️❤️❤️
This is becoming my go to “baking” item for parties and work, really easy and really tasty! Thanks for the recipe, Mindy!
these looks so easy and delicious!
Please tell me how you got chocolate on so nicely. I just made them and the chocolate looked like crap on them, not smooth at all. I’ve attempted these before and they always do this!
How long in advance could you make these?
I wouldn’t do any more than 2 days! Good luck!
How many does this recipe make??
Curious to know have you ever made these with the Red Velvet Oreos?
I haven’t done that but it sounds delicious!