Have you ever tried to make homemade Olive Garden Alfredo and it just doesn’t turn out? I got this recipe from my mother in law and it tastes just like it. She had the whole family over and made it for dinner and my mind was blown that it tasted so close to Olive Garden. I knew this was a recipe I had to have and continue to make super often. I’ve done this with a pasta bar, where I made this Alfredo and a meat sauce with several different kinds of pasta, breadsticks and caesar salad. It makes for a fun party for sure! It whips up in a matter of 15 minutes and tastes so great! This is the original recipe, I make mine with 2% milk and regular cream cheese and it turns out great, this is the skinny version down below.
2 1/2 cups low fat milk
4 ounces low fat cream cheese
3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon butter
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place milk, cream cheese, flour and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add milk mixture to the pan and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until it begins to simmer.
- Continue stirring over heat for a few minutes until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Add cheese and cooked chicken and toss together.
- Pour over prepared pasta and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
She found this recipe here
**Sorry no picture! We must have eaten too fast!