I absolutely love recipes that can be changed for every holiday. This is the perfect one to switch and alter for different times of the year. Who doesn’t love kettle corn too??
This is very similar to a recipe that Branden’s mom makes and it’s a family favorite. She always adds all different kinds of treats in it too-M&M’s, candy corn, and all kinds of candy.
This time I made it I made it for Spring! I used pink Wilton chocolate melts and some fun sprinkles in the coordinating spring M&M’s.
1 bag of microwave kettle corn popcorn
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 colored chocolate melting chips
candy- M&M’s, candy corn, jelly beans, etc.
1. Pop the popcorn and put in a bowl, the kernels will all fall to the bottom(this is a great way to get rid of them)
2. Melt the white chocolate chips and colored chocolate melting chips in separate microwave safe bowls. 30 seconds at a time to prevent burning, stir in between each time heating.
3. Drizzle the melted white chocolate chips over the bowl of popped popcorn and toss to coat. Use a spatula to ensure you get all of the chocolate out. Then spread out onto a large baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with sprinkles so they’ll stick to the chocolate.
5. Drizzle with colored melting chips over popcorn.
6. Add candy and allow to cool.
7. Use a rubber spatula to get the chocolate popcorn off the baking sheet. Place in a bowl or bag it up for little treat bags.
Here are some of our other favorite treats to try!