Quarantine crack you ask? What. In. The. Heck?? You know that Miley Cyrus song “We Can’t Stop”? The lyrics are “We can’t stop, and we won’t stop”. That is exactly how I feel about this delicious treat that we made. I have seen recipes for this all over Pinterest but I love to see how I can change things to make it my own. This one I did a fun little change on it to add a little spice of cinnamon. This ooey, gooey, sticky, icky, yummy bowl of deliciousness is exactly what you need to get you through the quarantine. There isn’t much else we can do besides stay inside and make yummy treats right?
I think my favorite part about making this recipe is that Hazyl wanted to make it with me. She is the sweetest and wants to help at everything I do. While she does it she talks my ear off, everything from her dolls to the experience of riding her bike. She tells every last detail and usually sings half of it too! She loves to help me pour in every ingredient and thinks it’s so fun to come up with names for everything. This sweet girl just kills me. I remember long before I had her I imagined these days of cooking in the kitchen with my daughter and it makes all of my little girl dreams come true.
This recipe has most things you would have on hand in your pantry, and if you don’t, you could always improvise and make up something fun. I had the correct cereals to make it but I thought a fun little extra dash of flavor couldn’t hurt so I figured why not? Let’s spice it up a little. I hope this is a recipe that your whole family loves and eventuallllly when we are able to leave home you can take this to a party and they’ll all love it too!
4 cups Corn Chex cereal
4 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
1 cup slivered almonds
2 cups sweetened coconut
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
- In a big bowl (think big) toss the dry ingredients together: Corn Chex, Cinnamon Chex, Golden Grahams, slivered almonds and coconut. Set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the butter. Add the Karo syrup and sugar and stir until combined.
- Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over the cereal mixture.
- Stir together until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour onto a baking sheet to cool and serve.
For other delicious treats/desserts try these!