So with the new year here, I have made a goal to eat healthier and in turn I hope that helps me cut down on a few pounds. I have been looking for recipes that keep me full and also taste really yummy. For some, this isn’t hard but for me this is difficult. I don’t always love healthy choices, but I am trying hard. I didn’t grow up eating a ton of vegetables, so it’s a work in progress. I know chicken is a great protein and I’ve tried fad diets that have made me hate it, so I’m also working on liking it, too. Lol!
I love Mexican flavors and so I thought this burrito bowl idea was a great thing to try. I love black beans, corn and of course cilantro lime dressing. I have been following a meal plan that lets me eat a variety of foods, I’ve always turned to Weight Watchers and I actually love it and have always had success with it. So that is what I’m doing this time, too! A lot of the ingredients in this meal are zero points! Win, win!!!!
One thing that has also been really exciting is using my Instant Pot! Its mostly because some days I forget about dinner or have no idea what I’m going to make and I can whip something up super last minute. If you don’t have one or haven’t ever tried one I highly suggest you do. You’ll love it, I know I do.
Changing you eating habits, dieting or not this meal is a yummy one!!
4 chicken breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 16oz jar salsa, divided
3 cups long grain rice
- In the instant pot pour in the chicken broth and lime juice, arrange the chicken breasts on top of the liquid.
- Mix together the jar of salsa with the taco seasoning and cover the chicken, reserve 1/2 cup of the salsa mixture to add later.
- Put the lid one and make sure the pressure release is “sealed”
- Turn it on to manual for 20 minutes(if thawed only do 15 minutes)
- While the chicken is cooking make some rice. I love to use my rice cooker.
- After its done cooking let it natural release for 5 minutes and then turn the pressure release nob to “vent”-be careful. Remove the lid after its completely vented.
- Remove the chicken and shred, place back in the instant pot to warm. I’ts now ready to serve with toppings.
Crispy corn tortilla strips