So with the new year here, I have made a goal to eat healthier and in turn I hope that helps me cut down on a few pounds. I have been looking for recipes that keep me full and also taste really yummy. For some, this isn’t hard but for me this is difficult. I don’t always love healthy choices, but I am trying hard. I didn’t grow up eating a ton of vegetables, so it’s a work in progress. I know chicken is a great protein and I’ve tried fad diets that have made me hate it, so I’m also working on liking it, too. Lol!
I love Mexican flavors and so I thought this burrito bowl idea was a great thing to try. I love black beans, corn and of course cilantro lime dressing. I have been following a meal plan that lets me eat a variety of foods, I’ve always turned to Weight Watchers and I actually love it and have always had success with it. So that is what I’m doing this time, too! A lot of the ingredients in this meal are zero points! Win, win!!!!
One thing that has also been really exciting is using my Instant Pot! Its mostly because some days I forget about dinner or have no idea what I’m going to make and I can whip something up super last minute. If you don’t have one or haven’t ever tried one I highly suggest you do. You’ll love it, I know I do.
Changing you eating habits, dieting or not this meal is a yummy one!!
4 chicken breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 16oz jar salsa, divided
3 cups long grain rice
- In the instant pot pour in the chicken broth and lime juice, arrange the chicken breasts on top of the liquid.
- Mix together the jar of salsa with the taco seasoning and cover the chicken, reserve 1/2 cup of the salsa mixture to add later.
- Put the lid one and make sure the pressure release is “sealed”
- Turn it on to manual for 20 minutes(if thawed only do 15 minutes)
- While the chicken is cooking make some rice. I love to use my rice cooker.
- After its done cooking let it natural release for 5 minutes and then turn the pressure release nob to “vent”-be careful. Remove the lid after its completely vented.
- Remove the chicken and shred, place back in the instant pot to warm. I’ts now ready to serve with toppings.
Crispy corn tortilla strips
Was literally looking for an instant pot chicken recipe for tonight and you talked about this in your blog today. I’m so excited to try it!
I made this tonight and it was a huge hit! It’s definitely going in the rotation. We used an Avocado salsa on it (We didn’t have the cilantro lime) and it was wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Could you do this recipe in a crock pot?
Can this be made if you don’t have an insta-pot? If so, how?
Yes just place all the ingredients in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low, but put the pineapple in a couple hours before finish time.
Thanks for another great recipe I can try with our precious family. Do any of your picky eaters enjoy this meal. I know our boys would enjoy different elements of this dish but maybe not altogether. Oh how I love your families You Tube Channel and Webpage. Thank you for being an inspiration to not only our family but to many others throughout our world on a daily basis. I am not planning on getting an Instagram Account. Do you have another way I might be able to access the wonderful content that you create on Mindy’s Best. Much love and God Bless from our family to yours. Blessings from Australia. xx
Is there a way to make this without a instapot?
yes just cook on low for 6-8 hours!
Is it normal for the cream cheese to not melt until I used a whisk to shred the chicken??
Yes mine did the very same thing.