I love meals I can start and leave them and they cook all by themselves. It is so easy on busy days or on days I don’t really feel like cooking. I love these kind of meals for winter and fall because they are just such great warm meals. This meal is great for so many reasons, but my favorite reason is because it is SO good!
2-5lbs roast( any kind)
1 envelope ranch dressing(dried)
1 envelope Italian dressing
1 envelope brown gravy mix
Potatoes and carrots
1 1/2 cup water
1. I always start my roasts off by searing them. Get a pan, on medium-high heat sear the roast on all sides.
2. Cut carrots and potatoes to your liking and place them in the bottom of crock pot.
3. Place seared roast on top of vegetables and sprinkle ranch mix, Italian dressing and gravy mix on top of roast.
4. Pour water over roast.
5. Place lid on and cook on low for 6-10 hours.
6. After roast is done, remove and shred roast.
7. Use a strainer to drain gravy into another bowl from pot and use as a sauce over the roast.
I use this same exact recipe. I’ll use the water to deglaze the pan I seared the roast in to get all the yummy goodness and bits off the bottom of the pan and then pour it over all the ingredients in the crock pot. Adds even more flavor. 😊💕
That is a GREAT idea! I will try this next time!!!
Mindy, I love your recipes. I have a crock pot, but here in Brazil we use pressure cook for everything. I have to google crock pot recipes.
First Id like to know:
what roast cut did you use?
2nd: are the rolls frozen? We cant easily find frozen rolls, but we can buy fresh anywhere (but I dont drive and husband is kinda lazy to go out on sundays).
Thank you so much
Thank you! You can use any kind of roast!
Yes the rolls start out frozen, thats what allows them to rise together.
I’m making this today!!! Can’t wait to see how it turns out! Whenever we have had roasts, my husband doesn’t usually put them in the crockpot until like noon, so I’m glad I read your recipe early in the morning, and got it started early, or else we might be eating at ten o’ clock tonight!!