We love Oreos, like LOVE! So any dessert that has Oreos in it is on our favorites list. I made this earlier this year for Branden’s birthday and everyone loved it, an average level of loving it I would say. Recently Madi asked me if I would make it and I was so flattered that she loved it so much that she wanted me to make it again! So here I am making this amazing dessert and perfecting it! I want it to be THE BEST so I made a few changes and it turned out perfectly!!!
I haven’t always been great about making sure there is a dessert for every dinner, my kids always ask “what’s for dessert?” They have so many treats during the day that we don’t always do one, but on Sundays I really try hard to have a good dinner and dessert for everyone. Now that Madi lives here in Provo she likes to come for dinner and bring her roommate. We had so much fun last time hosting them that this will be an awesome thing to get to do most weeks.
Here is the recipe to this delicious Oreo dessert that you simply can’t live without!
2 packages regular Oreos
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 large box of vanilla pudding
2 8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
- Crush both packages of cookies together with a food processor, or in a Ziplock bag with a rolling pin separating the bags (you’ll need one bag crushed for the crust). Save 1 1/2 cups for the top of the dessert when finished.
- Pour one bag of crushed Oreos in the bottom of a 9×13 pan with the melted butter. Stir it up to make a crust. Press it to the bottom to make an even layer.
- Make the vanilla pudding according to the package directions and put it in the fridge to set up.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth and add powdered sugar. Once combined, fold in one of the 8 ounce tubs of Cool Whip.
- Now we start layering. Bottom layer is the crust, next you will pour the vanilla pudding on top of that, add a layer of crushed Oreos, then add the cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture and top with the second tub of Cool Whip and layer again with the 1 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.