There aren’t a ton of recipes that Mr. Krew loves but he loves this one! Give it a try! I love tacos but sometimes I like having this all in one dish!
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup milk
1 package taco seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add milk and 2 Tbsp taco seasoning. Remove from heat and add potato flakes until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10 inch pan. OR use a refrigerated pie crust that is pre-made and follow directions on package.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until it is just BARELY turns golden brown.
- In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain. Add salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly.
- Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Cut and serve with sour cream.