It’s fall and that usually means I’m craving soup! This is one of my very favorite soup recipes I have. I order it every time I go to Olive Garden and I was so happy to find a recipe I love and be able to tweak it just to my liking! I also love that it was a crock pot meal I could prep in the afternoon for the busy nights! Every one of the kids liked it and Branden and I went back for a second bowl.
1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
1/2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
32 oz chicken stock
4 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/2 bunch kale (a couple handfuls) de-stemmed and trimmed into bite size pieces
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp flour
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and brown sausage.
2. Add onion and cook until soft, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain off the excess grease and add sausage, garlic, and onion to the bottom of your crockpot.
4. Add sliced potatoes over the top of the sausage and cover with chicken stock until potatoes and sausage are completely covered . You can add water if needed.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Your potatoes should be soft.
6. Whisk together heavy cream and flour until mixed. Pour into slow cooker, add kale and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Drop a comment below of your favorite Fall time soup!