My best friend Amanda made this chili for years in our old neighborhood and she won the best chili award every year so I decided to adopt the recipe as one of my own now! It’s so delicious and a little different from your typical chili. It has spaghetti noodles in it, different right? But it is so delish!
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 packet chili seasoning
3 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
4 cans chili beans, drained and rinsed
Handful spaghetti noodles
- Saute ground beef until browned, drain.
- Add diced onion and let soften.
- Add chili seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, boil water and cook noodles to al dente.
- Add cooked spaghetti noodles to pot and serve.
This would be delicious with a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese! We always love our chili with some breadsticks too!
***I did the first 2 steps then added the seasoning and tomatoes to the pot and then I transferred it to a crockpot and added beans. I cooked it on high to give it that *simmer* It turned out great!
Nothing feels more like fall than chili!