This is a recipe that my mom made all through my childhood and it reminds me of being a kid and helping her make them. She taught me all I know about cooking and baking. These are quite possibly the easiest cinnamon rolls I’ve ever made. I had a friend tell me the other day that she would love to make them but she is just terrified because they look so hard. Friends, let me tell you! THEY AREN’T! They are easy, easier than you probably think!!! Not only is it super simple to do but it doesn’t require 100 ingredients involving yeast! Let me show you just how simple they are! Come along, scroll down!!!
1 frozen loaf Rhodes bread
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
For the icing
5 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbs butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- Set out a loaf of Rhodes bread out on some wax paper and let it thaw for 3 hours.
- When thawed, roll it out on a floured surface.
- Spread butter over the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon all over dough.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of cinnamon.
- Roll up and cut into desired pieces.(I cut mine in half and then cut each half in half and so on and so forth)
- Place standing up in a greased pan and let rise for a few hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, make the icing.
- Spread icing all over hot cinnamon rolls.
To make icing:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix on high until smooth.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency
I hope you find this as easy as I do, baking breads can be difficult and this one is great because you don’t have to mess with yeast and a lot of other ingredients. Looking for another dessert idea? Try these Indoor Smores
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you, we love youuuuu!