Lately I have been wanting to make peanut butter cookies and it has been quite a while since I have! I was so excited to be able to fine tune a recipe and I loved the way these turned out! The little sugar crystals on top are just sooo good. Everyone in this house freaks out over peanut butter. I don’t as much but I can say I definitely loved these cookies! They were so sweet and the perfect gooey and bite that I didn’t stop at one cookie.
When I think of peanut butter cookies it kind of reminds me of an old fashioned cookie I used to make as a kid. I remember making them the first time and being so interested and curious about why we put the criss crosses on them with a fork. It’s a staple to the peanut butter cookie. I dipped my fork in sugar to be able to to make the criss cross and then to top it off and make it even better I sprinkled a little sugar on top of it before I baked them. Our kids loved them and the way they turned out!
This can be a fun one to make with the kiddos. Get them involved and let them help! It makes it so much more fun, plus it’s memories that they’ll have forever with you! I love establishing these memories because I recall the memories I made growing up and the first time I made certain recipes. It makes me all mushy inside! Hope you like this recipe as much as we did!
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for the top
1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Mix with a mixer on medium high speed until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Scoop a rounded spoonful and roll into a ball and place on baking sheet.
- Make criss crosses with a sugar coated fork and sprinkle on some more sugar on the middle of the cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.