These no bake cookies are quite possibly the best little bites of goodness you’ll have! They are beyond simple and can be made in about 10-15 minutes. This one is so easy, even the younger ones can help make these! I’m learning with some recipes I need to see what the early teens can do because I now have a child that age. This one would be perfect!
The funny story about these cookies…well they aren’t called “Chocolate No Bake Cookies” at out house. They are referred to as “Barfies.” Which when you look at them like this you totally get why… they look like barf…ies. LOL. When I was a child I had a best friend named Brianna. Her family made these all the time, it was my favorite thing to help make. The funny thing is, their family called them Barfies, which is what I’ve always known them as. So that’s what we call them, but like I said, to spare you we will call them “No Bake Cookies.” Now you all know the back story of them! I will assure you calling them Barfies does not alter that taste, so call them what you will!
After all that nonsense we will finally get to the recipe. Enjoy these little guys, they’re quite delicious!
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups old fashioned oats
- Combine the sugar, cocoa and milk in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute.
- Slice the butter into pieces and add the butter after the mixture has boiled for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and oats.
- Quickly spoon onto a sheet of wax paper and let cool.
- Once they have setup they are ready to be eaten (about 20 min).
For other amazingly delicious chocolate recipes try these!