I’ve always wanted to find a good chicken noodle soup recipe. One that I could always turn to, one that is handed down for generations and I came up with one that I just love! I like the right amount of herby flavors and the yummy chicken broth but not too many stiff veggies. I like them soft and not even noticeable, but love the flavor of the vegetables. I feel like a lot of the texture of chicken noodle soup comes from the noodles. I had some friends bring me soup last year and the noodles they put in their chicken noodle made all the difference. They are found in the frozen food section and are thick egg noodles. The brand is Reams and they are yummy!!!
On a cool fall day or you have a sick family member this one is yummy. Make up some yummy bread or rolls and this will be so comforting to eat. Let’s be honest, chicken noodle soup is comfort food 100 percent! Grab a cozy blanket and a bowl of soup by the fire and you’re all set. I had the opportunity to take a meal in to a neighbor recently and this is what I chose to take because I knew it would make her feel better and bring her comfort too! Also if you have extra you can toss it in the freezer to make at a later time.
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 large carrots diced
4 celery stalks diced
1 small onion diced
3 gloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
2 Tbsp fresh parsely
salt and pepper
8 cups chicken broth
1 bag Reams egg noodles
2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- Start by cleaning all produce and dicing them up. I like to dice up very small. I like to use my Chop Wizard to do this, especially with the onions.
- In large pot, over medium heat add the olive oil and saute the carrots, celery, and onion until tender. About 6-8 minutes. (I like mine very soft). Add the garlic and thyme. Saute until you can smell the garlic, approximately 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth. (I use Better than Bouillon mixed with water, or you can buy pre-made chicken broth, either works great!) Simmer for about 10 minutes then add the noodles and cook according to the noodles package directions, about 17-20 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and fresh parsley and let it simmer until everything is heated through.
- Serve with warm bread or rolls.